Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sick little gobbler

Animals can get sick at times and unfortunately they sometimes die. That's something you must face whether you've got a Farm, a little Homestead or just a four legged friend.


No deaths so far however the Rare Silver Sport Turkey that we have is sick. It had a slight sniffle when we first got her and she hasn't gotten better, but has gotten worse, so today I gave her a 1/2cc shot of Tylan 50 and some vitamins and electrolytes in her water. She should get better in a couple days from what I have read. If left untreated she would most likely die which I'll do whatever I can to prevent so I won't have my kids balling their eyes out 'cause their feathered pet died. Hopefully it won't spread to the others, but if it does atleast I have the meds on hand. I'll keep you posted.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment