Friday, July 22, 2011

Large squash, Italian style




With summer in full swing and veggies growing at an alarming rate there is bound to be a squash or two that go from too small to harvest to mammoth size almost overnight. If you're like me and have a monster you're wondering just what to do with it- I've got a easy and delicious remedy for you.


First slice the mammoth squash into approx 1/2" thick. Melt some butter (or oil) in a large frying pan.

Then coat each slice into egg and then into breadcrumbs (I add Italian seasoning to it).

Finally fry it up til nice and brown.

Top with some tomato sauce and either a sprinkle or a slice of cheese.

The squash I ate I didn't notice the large seeds, I think they softened when it cooked. What do you think? It's good right?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment