Thursday, July 21, 2011

A good read: and I shall have some peace there




The book and I shall have some peace there by Margaret Roach is about a woman who was working for Martha Stewart in the city. She finally quit her job and moved full-time into her weekend house in upstate New York. It's a chronicle of a woman who basically stares at the four walls, does some gardening, watches birds, is terrified of snakes and has a cat that adopts her and brings home animal pieces as peace offerings to her doorstep.


 The story line is non existent and it isn't a thriller or full of drama like a herd of cattle mysteriously dying. In fact there aren't any 'farm' animals in the story. This also isn't a chronicle of someone going off to live off the land, it's about a woman who basically is semi retired. Honestly the book could have been written in two paragraphs.  I didn't hate it but It's definitely not on my recommended list.


I would liken this to vanilla ice cream- pretty bland, so if you're like me and like nuts, fudge, caramel or whatever goodie in your ice cream skip this book.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment