Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Holy squash Bat Man!



This is one of my much anticipated veggies that I've grown this year. My little squash is doing great so far, I just have to decide when to pick it! As of tonight it only stands at 31" long. It's definitely not something you'll see at the supermarket as they don't have a paper or plastic bag long enough for it!

P.S. If you love to make stuffed squash blossoms this variety grows a surplus of them!


Everything else in the garden is doing great except for the poor Luffa's. Every time they get long enough the chickens peck them back again. I think I'll have to start bugging someone to move the coop to where it's supposed to be. With this heat wave we're having I started to cut an opening today for another window (finally) in the coop for cross ventilation. The chickens are getting big and the Turkeys are all still alive but the Silver Sport still is not better even after the meds. Not quite sure about her- I guess I am just hoping for a miracle!

We have started building the 'turkey tractor' with some previously used wood and have decided to make the 'house' part a bit bigger than originally planned to accommodate the necessary sq ft per bird ratio. This will keep them happier especially if used through the winter and the house smelling better. I'll post some pics when  we get around to building the house part, right now it doesn't look like much at all.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment