Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butterflies debut





The last three butterflies made their debut yesterday. They are all Black Swallowtail, two I believe were males and one female. This was really neat to experience both for me and my offspring! I love their bright bold markings they're really beautiful creatures.


The kids thought it was really cool to look at them close up!


My daughter had two of them on her hand and they both crawled up her arm and onto her face which made a cute photo op.


We then put them all onto the lettuce patch and one eventually fluttered happily away.




I would definitely like to do this again- it was really something to have a butterfly resting on your hand.

If you missed the post about the chrysalis click here: http://sewcarey.blogspot.com/2011/06/chrysalis.html


.

No comments:

Post a Comment