Thursday, June 30, 2011

Balls not included

Well I thought balls were not included but apparently there is a pair..... one of our "Girls" is a GUY.
crap.
The Polish chicken that my husband picked out is the one. There is a 5% error on sexed chicks and our luck has it, I don't play but maybe I should try the lottery.



Hopefully this little guy won't tick off the neighbors, 1 neighbor in particular. If so, we just might fill our freezer sooner than I thought. Right now the darn thing sounds like someone is strangling it while it screams for help (think nails in a chalkboard).

The kids reply: yay we get chicks next year! That's just what I need a bunch of polish chicks running around (insert polish joke of your choice here) well, not my choice as far as breeds go. I prefer a more winter hardy vaiety like the Barred Rocks we have. The place where we got them said we could exchange any that were males, we'll keep you posted.


On a brighter note: I do have good news... but you'll have to stop back in tomorrow!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment