Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Childhood memories



Childhood memories.

Sometimes they are stirred from the aroma of a certain food Grandmother had often made, or perhaps a certain  saying a loved one always said. Maybe a certain song on an old record played on the family's prized Victrola brings pleasant memories of singing and dancing, or even just having a giant slice of watermelon on a hot summer day and seeing who could spit the pits farther. There is nothing like going about your day and unexpectedly have something trigger a fond memory from bygone days. Those times always seem to make your day brighter.

Some of my favorite times are spending a day at my Grandparents home where I learned to make cookies, where I was taught how to sew, where I learned to garden and I was told stories about living on a farm in Virginia. I was fortunate enough to grow up learning how to raise farm animals. All those things that I learned are all things that I absolutely love to this day and what makes me who I am. What are your fondest memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment