Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Better


We as humans are always trying to do better, whether it's eating better, being better parents, getting down to a better dress (or pants) size or even getting that better job title. One thing is for certain no matter what our ultimate goal is we should take small steps otherwise we are more likely to hit that brick wall of failure.

I for one have had at times an overwhelming urge to take huge leaps ahead. Who ever it was that said we must first learn to crawl before we can learn to walk was right. My successes all stem from reaching many small goals. For my eating habits I've succeeded at eating a salad with every dinner, I have been able to cut out all soda (except maybe at restaurants), and limit potato chips and candy. These baby steps are a lifestyle change and not a 'diet' which always seems to end in failure.

I've also made it a habit to grow as much veggies as I can, to compost food scraps, use natural fertilizers like fish emulsion, and now have added raising chickens for eggs, manure and meat (doubt we'll ever eat the kids chickens tho).

What ever your goals are start small and soon sweet success will greet you right around that corner. So, what is your first baby step to success?

No comments:

Post a Comment