Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene who?

Irene came and went and we came out unscathed, just a bit water logged. The gang was locked up nice and cozy while the wind blew and the rain fell. Even the garden didn't suffer any damage. Irene simply ran out of steam by the time she got to us.

Unfortunately others suffered downed trees, lack of electricity and even flooding. My father lost a few pet koi when the flood waters came two feet above the top of his ponds, all but four fish got swept away, sadly one died. His basement and barn all suffered much damage due to water as well. My heart goes out to those who experienced damage from the storm and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

The temperature turned cool and being stuck in the house I got in the baking mood. There was brownies and my favorite angel food cake, pound cake and for dinner a delicious Swiss Chard Tart with a fresh garden salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment