Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane?




All the talk is on Hurricane Irene lately for those of us 'in her predicted path' those lucky fortunate bunch that we are. We have had enough rain already to drown a wooly mammoth and I'm starting to think I should have built a bloody Ark than that chicken coop that's now surrounded in swamp water. Only time will tell if we get enough water to swoop up the coop and have it barrelling down the creek out back. I'll tell you though I don't have that same fear living here as I did when living in Florida since there's really only one road in and out of that sea level, death trap of a state. I'm a country girl at heart. I'll take the mountains any day.



With the deluge of water coming our way our whole flock of characters have been free ranging most of the day today. Though the Turkeys really decided for me to let them out since they were on top of the coop roof already, with the Tom standing on top of the open window puffed up showing off his cockeyed tail, he's such a tart.


I just hope we don't get too much wind which will likely damage the tender leaves on the remaining plants, eapecially the long squash that has about ten of them growing now and the Luffa's (pic of luffa flower above) that have finally taken off.


Oh well, there's always next year.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment